Monday, February 18, 2008

Slow to keep up

OK, so I am not the best at blogging consistently. Maybe that will get better but for now, my infrequent postings will have to do. It seems that days just go by in a blur and I am trying to keep up. A question popped in my head today that startled me...may have come from the examination that tends to take place after attending a marriage conference. But not seemingly directly related, in a way it is. The question is how would people describe me? Since I can't answer that question, I asked how would I describe me? The first thoughts were exhausted and hurried. Yikes...I didn't like that at all. I would prefer content and joyful. I am still examining how to get there but it has given me something to ponder. I want contentment in all circumstances and joy to radiate in all directions. Even on those hurried days when I am exhausted and things are just out of sorts.

The only way I will ever achieve it is through God. I must take the first step and pray. Not a prayer of woes and complants but one of praise, thanksgiving, and asking for God to do his will. Oh--I want to be filled with the Holy Spirit, joyfully keeping up!

A joyful heart is good medicine,
but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
Proverbs 17:22 (ESV)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey Shelley- I just want to applaud you for desiring joy! It is such evidence of God working in your life that you desire to be joyful, thankful, and at peace even in the midst of the stress, hurry, and craziness fo life! Big hugs to you!

Jennifer Leigh