Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Incomplete Conversations

So the hustle and bustle of the holidays has illuminated more than my tree. It has made me realize that I don't finish conversations. Not intentionally, just as a result of being mom to a 20 month old. Many times I have left gatherings wondering if I concluded a thought with anyone to which I spoke. And thinking, wow, that would have been a great conversation if my son wasn't about to pull my aunt's Christmas tree onto his head or screaming "side" (meaning "I want to go outside"). I vaguely remember what it is like to sit and have an adult conversation without interruption. Vaguely! And to my friends in far off distances--please know I love you but the interruptions carry over into phone conversations too! Can I call you at midnight :-) ? Oh how I long to catch up with you all--and am excited about that possibility coming in March at the Florida wedding of the year!

To the many I have not had a complete conversation with because I had to run after my son or he was tugging at me and my brain couldn't work in adult mode--please excuse the short conversations and maybe we can pick up where we left off...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You are not alone. I don't know when I ever finish a conversation... and now that i'm going to be a mom of 4 maybe I won't even get the chance to start a conversation! So glad you have a blog. I'm looking forward to catching up with you when we move back in March!

Hugs,

Jennifer